Monday, August 25, 2014

Personal Power

I've been consciously on my "path" for about five years now.  In that time I've read a LOT of self-help, DIY therapy, spiritual books of various kinds, and generally sifted through my beliefs continuously.  Now, when I read a book of that type I can readily recognize what feels "true" for me, and what doesn't.  The important question for me is whether or not the idea being presented will be of practical value to me.  That includes spiritual theories too.  We all have the opportunity to choose our own story-  externally we have a great deal of control, and internally we have unlimited personal power to change our inner landscape.  Collecting ideas and practices that fit for me had brought me a deep daily awareness of my own power, and it supports me in changing my old thought patterns, limiting assumptions, stuck emotions, anduch more.  Today I read this from Brenda Davies, M.D., 

"I control each and every thing that comes to me.  I accept complete responsibility for my life.  I am the power. So be it."  

I like that.  And I've experienced my own power to change my world, so I know it is true for me.  

On a less serious note-  mirror play!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment