Wednesday, July 10, 2013
My old habit was that I spent a lot of my time and energy filtering everything about myself through what other people expected, thought, taught, demanded or my perception of what they wanted or required. Know thyself...wise words that are simple but not easy. I am creating new habits and courageously going Within to set aside patterns no longer serving me and to remove those filters. It isn't about shocking people or any other reaction others may have- it is about getting to know Me, the one-of-a-kind God-expression that experiences life in this body. My body is the temple that I worship in, where I encounter directly the inhabiting of Spirit. My individuality is a gift that brings something unique to this life dance. If I spend my efforts trying to alter that based on other people's unique God expression, I do us all a diservice and I miss out on the intimacy of Loving Myself as a tangible way to experience and love God. So. The first step for me in speaking my truth is to listen to myself. All others and especially certain Others have wisdom, and I honor the Divine experience of all, but I must be my own first, truest source of living wisdom. In turning within I can begin to notice and honor all aspects of my incarnation, to fall in love with my life, to bring myself deeply into the experience I am having moment by moment, authentically and unafraid.
Saturday, July 6, 2013
I haven't [posted in a while, I have been in a quiet lul and preparing for my 3 week intensive yoga training. Today is the day I start that journey in earnest, and I have come to recently understand that I need to focus on "speaking my truth". I am not yet sure exactly what that means, but I know it involves overcoming a lot of fear. Fear of what I might find if I'm totally honest with myself, fear of what others with think/say/do if I'm an open book, fear of letting go and surrendering to what I find in myself and in life as I immerse myself in this new idea. But I know that fears can be gently, powerfully transformed with love. I committed to myself a couple of years ago to face whatever WHATEVER comes up in me that isn't serving my highest good or that is keeping me from being my best self. So- speak my truth it is. In an effort to get started, I'm looking into what it means to speak your truth. This is excerpted from an article that can be found at: http://www.expresswhoyouare.com/2013/04/10/12-questions-to-help-you-speak-your-truth-liberate-your-life/
Speaking your truth to yourself
1. Are you being honest with yourself about how you’re feeling?
2. Are you being honest about what you (and your whole body) genuinely need?
3. Are your being honest about what you value and what your priorities are ?
4. Are you being honest about what you want for yourself and how you want to live ?
Speaking your truth to others
5. Are you tuning in to your inner self before you express yourself ?
6. Do you speak from you authentic self, rather than reacting from your thoughts?
7. Do you know what it feels like in your body when you’re speaking your truth (and when you’re not)?
8. Do your honour other people’s truths as much as you honour your own?
Speaking your truth through your life
9. Are all parts of your life aligned with your core values?
10. Are you honouring your unique gifts and talents, and sharing them with the world?
11. Are you actively bringing your wants, dreams, and desires to life?
12. Is your life growing and evolving as you are?