Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Path

Signal Mountain, Tennessee


First, I want to express my deep appreciation for the warm welcome from everyone in Buffalo when we moved here, especially from those at work, my cousin Bridget, my sisters, my mom, and from Ryan, Ti, Ayden and Sia.

When I realized my workplace in Grand Rapids, Michigan was going to close, I had to make a decision about what to do to financially support my family.  We have a little one, and had recently purchased a house in Michigan.  Coming to Buffalo to spend time with family and transition has been a wonderful phase- one that I was honestly expecting to last quite a bit longer.  However, often life moves faster than we anticipate, and due to a number of factors and a process of receiving confirmation, my partner Mike and I have come to a decision. 

Mike's family has offered us a lovely house on Signal Mountain in Tennessee just outside Chattanooga that we can immediately live in and make our own.  It is an amazing place, and quite an opportunity for us. There are award winning public schools in that district, breathtaking scenery, and every other item on our list of what we want in a long term home, actually.  Though I was expecting more time in Buffalo, I've found over the past couple of years that expectations don't often turn out how we think they will.  Letting go, surrendering to my path and to what is has been less scary and more fun that I would have thought, and by now I have faith that when I do that, the details will take care of themselves.

I spoke with my manager here in Buffalo and she was thrilled for us, and immediately offered all the help she can give in getting the transfer put through right away. I was again surprised by this, thinking it would be more difficult and take longer.  Being on the right path for me is so exciting, and full of surprises.  So, my company is going to transfer me March 1, and so it is moving time, full speed ahead.  We are sad to leave family and loved ones already, and someday when transporters are invented it will make this kind of decision so much easier.  But at the same time, we know this is the right step for our family, and there is a lot of relief and joy being on our path and knowing where we are going to setttle down.  So, with gratitude, heartfelt sadness to leave our loved ones, and great peace and anticipation...

Tennessee- ready or not, here we come!  March 1, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment