Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Noncorporeal Beings Dream




Last night I dreamed I was on a starship like the Enterprise, and there was a sister ship nearby.  Two enemy ships appeared, and for some reason the senior staff wasn't able to stay and they made me temporary captain of the ship I was on.  The enemy ships launched a full scale boarding, quickly and efficiently taking control of both of our ships.  I knew that the only way to take the ship back was for the crew to secretly coordinate efforts and rise up against the intruders.  I led a small party of those of us who hadn't been captured toward the area where they were keeping the rest of the crew.  On the way, we were captured as well.  Once there, I was surprised to find the 'hostile' force seemed friendly, at ease, and happy.  I found this strange, but continued plotting.  I was able to find a paperclip in the room where we were being held, and when I got the chance I sprung into action and jabbed it into the eye of one of our enemies.  It was like poking water, no damage at all, no effect.  The man I had stabbed just chuckled and explained that they were noncorporeal beings, and had only temporarily taken an appearance of having a body to interact with us.  Once he started talking, I realized that they were indeed some kind of alien that had only looked human, and that their style of communicating wasn't exactly like ours.  There were misunderstandings, and mystery in what they said, and no one had been able to figure out what they wanted, since it was clear they weren't going to hurt anyone or steal the ship.  They had merely rounded everyone up and had them sitting around a table together, while other groups of the crew were being supervised but offered various leisure activities.  I got myself assigned to one of the activity groups after a while, and was able to spend a little bit of time talking with one of the aliens to ascertain their intent.  When I did, I went around to as many crew members as I could and explained, asking them to spread the word as quickly as possible- they weren't here as a hostile force, they were here because they had evolved past the need for a corporeal body, and had found bliss, peace, constant happiness by existing fully in each moment, fully enjoying whatever they were experiencing.  It seemed impossible for humans to be able to feel joy of that kind while being held captive, but that was the lesson.  If they could understand mindfulness and living in the moment, they would be free, even though still wrapped in limiting bodies.  Some of the crew members were skeptical, but agreed to at least try, while others immediately understood the deeper lesson and saw that the aliens had something revolutionary to teach us.  Soon we got word that the "invasion" extended all over earth.  There was a lot of confusion there as noncorporeal aliens in bodies "took over" every town, every street, but already there were many that understood the purpose and were spreading the word.  Confusion, disbelief and resistance in some, radical acceptance, cooperation and happiness in others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment